Monday, August 03, 2009

Fiji holiday

This year we had our winter holiday on Malolo Island, Fiji. It was well timed; Andy and Georgia were not well at the start, as evidenced by the first photo, and we'd all had a terrible week of poor sleep before the trip. But a few days in the sun sorted that out.

Below are some random photos. I think they're all taken from about the same spot, and have a hammock and beach theme, because we didn't go far.

Snorkeling off the beach was great, with plenty of colourful reef fish and interesting corals. I did four scuba dives, and since they were dive numbers 3-7 for me I clocked up all sorts of firsts and personal bests: first shark; first turtle; deepest dive (27m); longest dive (55m); first puke over my dive buddy (it was rough, ok).

































The trip back was by floatplane, which was fun.





No comments: